We CAN Stop the Clock. Memories Are The Most Valuable Thing We Own.
The 7 Things You Should Look For In A Family Photographer – The Things You Didn’t Know To Ask…
Before you choose the right photographer for you, there are some things you should know to look for. These things will make the difference between a beautiful family photograph you will cherish forever, and an “okay” picture you will shove in a drawer to gather dust or just leave on your phone.
So, Here We Go! The 7 Things That Make A Northstar Family Portrait So Special:
- “If you are not THRILLED beyond your expectations – you don’t pay for them.”
No kidding, if you are not completely thrilled with your photographs, I will either create additional images for you at no charge, or I will cheerfully refund all your money. I am absolutely committed to creating the finest portraits you have ever had.
- “I meet with you personally BEFORE the photographs (at no extra charge) to help you with every decision – this ensures you and your family will look perfect in your photographs.”
This is such an important step! There are only a handful of photographers in America who do this, and I DON’T CHARGE YOU FOR IT! I will meet with you before your session day to help you choose clothing, talk about location, help you with questions about hair and makeup, etc. All of these things are vital to the creation of a great photograph!
- “You can have this photograph created ANYWHERE you like in the area. In our studio, with a carefully selected, hand painted background, or outdoors, in your home, at the beach – wherever you like. I’ll even help you decide on the perfect location.”
How personal is a photograph of your family going to be if it’s created without care and forethought? I collaborate with my clients to create portraits that are personal and unique to you and your family.
- “We have one of the best artists in the Midwest who works directly with me to enhance every photograph I create.”
This goes SO FAR beyond “digital retouching” where a computer guy goes in and removes blemishes or touches up wrinkles. This is so much more. AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, we will have our Personal Portrait Enhancement Artist go over every inch of your portraits and give them another dimension of life. Don’t worry, no one will EVER be able to tell that any enhancement was done to them, but this one step can take a good photograph and make it perfect.
- “Natural expressions are guaranteed – I have not only ‘focused’ (no pun intended) on my photography skills, but I’ve also mastered ways of working with subjects to get the best and most natural expressions every time.”
We’ve all seen photographs where the subjects look fake and posed – and those photographs never look good. Why have a family photograph created if your family doesn’t look natural? There are a number of ways to ensure that each of your family members look their best in the photographs. And, I’ll give you a hint, I’ll NEVER make any of your family members say “cheese.”
- “Because of my own family, I understand how important these photographs will be to you.”
When I was growing up, my parents never had a nice family photograph created. Both of my parents have passed away, and I have one photograph of the two of them together, and it’s only a snapshot. What I wouldn’t give to have a family portrait of me, my sisters and mom and dad. Sadly, it was never taken, so it doesn’t exist! You see, I understand how much these photographs are going to mean to you, and I feel I have a huge responsibility to make them perfect for you. I didn’t get into photography because it seemed like a great way to make money. I got into photography because of my love of photography, for my family, and a love for helping other families capture memories that will last a lifetime.
- “I will only do a MAXIMUM of 2 portrait sessions per day. What does this mean to you? It means that I will never be rushing to get your session done so I can move on to the next. Your photographs will be perfect, because I devote all my time and focus to your family.”
This is so important! Most photographers try to cram 5 to 10 sessions into one day! That’s crazy! They have about enough time to set up a couple lights, snap a few images, then fly out the door on their way to the next session. I made the decision 20 years ago that I wasn’t going to work that way. You get my undivided attention, and I’m not going to be rushing off to do another session, leaving you and your family with less-than-perfect portraits. My father taught me – “anything worth doing is worth doing right.” I believe that 100%, and that’s why I’d rather do 2 great sessions a day, than 10 “okay” sessions. It’s a matter of pride. You’re trusting me with your family’s memories. I take that responsibility VERY seriously.
So, What’s The Next Step?
The next step is a very simple and painless one. Simply pick up the phone, and call me. There’s no cost, and no obligation to speak with me on the phone. I’ll answer any questions you may have. I can give you an indication of what you could plan on investing for your family portraits. And most importantly, I can find out specifics from you about what’s most important to you about these photographs.
My Studio Number is (248) 987-4407. After We Chat, If You Do Decide To Book A Session With Me, I’ll Give You 50% Off The Creation Of Your Portraits, But Only If You Book By August 31st.